Sunday, July 19, 2009

Secret Recipe

Friday night, while tropical storm "Isang" was hitting the metropolis, Oliver and I went to Global City after work. It was the usual night out, dinner-coffee, and quest for a new hang-out. Though I already have this idea ahead of time on where to dine, I would always consider Oliver's preference.

Secret Recipe, which is located at the 5th and 32nd Street Global City, had been on my list of must-try restaurants; but we've been so occupied by KFC's original chicken for almost 2 straight weeks. SR had on-going promo which made us decide even more to try it, even when parking was a major problem that night. Guess what we had for dinner?

Oliver had this set of Pan Grilled Dory Fish while I had a Beef Lasagna set. Let me tell a little something about the service. Our dining experience went by a nice and neat table set up, and then ice lemon tea was served. We were asked about our choice of soup; Oliver had carrot and ginger while I had a pumpkin soup. I loved the taste of the pumpkin soup; the carrot and ginger was a little bland. Just before we finished our soup, Oliver's Dory Fish, Caribbean style with cream sauce, with herb butter rice was served. My Beef Lasagna followed, which was served with a home-made bun. I loved the cheese toppings and could have made it better if the pasta had few more layers. I enjoyed everything because I was not disappointed with the flyers, with the pictures on their website and from food reviews of course. What You See Is What You Get! Almost perfect!

ice lemon tea

Beef Lasagna & Dory Fish set

You see, the set we ordered also had a Chocolate Mudcake for dessert. I was even asked if I want it to be served before I finished my pasta and they instantly did. I thought Oliver and I can still enjoy eating our piece of cake but sadly I had to ask the crew to wrap it and asked for our bill immediately. The reason why? This traffic enforcer in Global City steals a scene and wanted to swipe all vehicles that were street parked along 5th Street. What a shame to customers! My call to Fort Bonifacio Management: Provide your customers a decent parking space (not the one that will stock your vehicle in mud when it rains), if you do not want them to take the risk of street parking.

We ended up eating our piece of cake at home. It was delectable, but we could have enjoyed much if we had finished our dinner timely. I was even thinking of pairing our mudcake with a coffee serving. Oh well, we would definitely be back because Secret Recipe got a thumbs-up from Oliver.

If this writing interests you, check the promo flyer below: it's an on-going promo but forgot to ask the validity, cash basis only for these set guys.


Secret Recipe Menu here

No comments:

Post a Comment