Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ling Nam Legacy

It was a rainy Friday night for us and this time we decided to consider Greenhills for dinner (which is just 500m away from my office). Che, my sister joined us last night after she gave our Bea’s dinner back home. So, again here I am undecided –much undecided according to Oliver. Initially I wanted something sweet, just that but I know they want something fit for the rainy weather. I told them if it would be okay if we dined at Le Ching at Shopsville but it has already closed when we got there. Then, we were thinking of Don Henricos but I do not want anything like pasta and pizza again. And then, we spotted this eatery with its blinking light sign “OPEN”. It was Ling Nam. Though this Chinese eatery is an old one we never dined there before so we tried it. The place is a bit small at the ground floor because the kitchen was also there (the usual counter type Chinese resto kitchen) and nine spacious table set up. They have a second floor dining area too, which we did not consider anyway.

Ordering was a bit hard for me while Oliver and Che had already made theirs. Oliver had Bola Atay Congee, he asked for a Bola Bola Siopao and I asked the server to make it three.

Bola Bola Siopao (P55.00), Bola Atay Congee (P125.00)

Che had Crispy noodles and Lumpiang Shanghai. And then, I content myself sharing food from both them before I finally order a Porkchop Rice Meal.

Crispy Noodles (P195.00), serving is good for 2-3 persons

Lumpiang Shanghai (P90.00), Porkchop Rice Meal (P130.00)

Good thing is that Ling Nam’s serving is generous and can be shared aside from its being affordable of course.


It was very filling dinner; Ling Nam will be on my list of fast-casual dining from now on second to North Park. With its distinct delicious noodles, siopao, congee, and dimsum I could never go “undecided” next time. On our second visit, we will try a different set of their signature dishes.

And this Friday dinner wouldn’t be complete without this photo op.

Happy Weekend Everyone!



Ling Nam Greenhills
Unit 115 & 211 Connecticut Carpark
Greenhills Shopping Center
Greenhills, San Juan
Metro Manila
Tel No: (632) 727-8811/722.7733
Click MENU here.

No comments:

Post a Comment