Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lola Ina's 88th B!

A day before Valentines Day, we (my maternal family) celebrated my Lola’s birthday. It was an afternoon of big laughs and delicious food. Like her big birthday last year, every family had their share.

and this year we brought our home recipe bake Mac, which my sister Che prepared.

My brother-in-law, Arman, also came up with his version of chili cheese sticks…Soya milk please!

I bought a Sansrival cake for Ina

and 2 liters of Tequila for the big boys.

Tita Bebot ordered bilaos of puto and kutsinta,

Villa family: Irish, Tita Bebot and Buknoy

Tita Josie made a delicious pancit (no photo),

Encabo couple: Tita Josie and Tito James

Papa Nopes brought roasted chicken (no photos too...) and Tita Gie took care of the sodas.

Masigla family: Dodong, Tita Gie and Adoy minus Kuya Rey

Ooops! Not to forget Joel and Jena’s signature coleslaw plus a red ribbon roll…sayang walang lechon :(

My cousin, Irish also brought a chocolate cake from Goldilocks

and I think Uncle (Uncle Mike is my Nanay’s eldest brother) brought the chocolate roll, which was already on the tabletop when we arrived. So now, am I still missing something here? Tita Pearl! I wonder why she missed this event; we missed your neighborhood carioca too.

Though it is sad to remember that last year Ninang Elo was still here and we even celebrated this occasion at their house so she can party with us. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure she is happy to see us on occasions like this, she is happy that we continue the same family gathering the way it was like before. I miss you Ninang Elo, we all miss you…

Back to my Lola's birthday everyone party hard, drink all the way and this is the life I am missing because I am partially away from this family…sigh!

Now, let me share my Lola’s big event!

Happy Happy Birthday Ina! Stay cool and keep smiling on my cam :)

We all wish you more birthdays, I long to see your curly hair time and time again.

Who’s peeking on this party? My cousins based in Dubai and Singapore!

The party ended around 9pm and we (L, Che, Arman, Oliver, Irish, Jheck and Sam) had an extended party later on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment