Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mrs. Dempsey's Homecoming!

It was on Tuesday night when I met up and had dinner with my good friends, G, G and B at Café La Carmela. Another G missed the event and P was absent. It was not anybody’s birthday this time nor wasn’t it George post birthday treating to us. It was a homecoming dinner again.

It was before my good friend Rica went back to US when another good friend came home. It was like a year ago when I last saw her during her short visit to the Philippines. And it was nice seeing her again, finally the Irish wife!


Tata or Tating she is to us and for most of our colleague in the telecom industry. But way back in Ireland, she is Gen or Genny, which is more appropriate and girly.

A year ago after her grand wedding to her Irish fiancée, Gerry, Tating decided to give up her “amazing” telecom job and settled in Ireland with Gerry. It was a very tough decision considering she will be leaving her son, Gelo, and the rest of her family members. Maybe it was getting used to and her determination made her an instant hit to her Irish family. For somebody like her who is witty and charming I am not surprised if she easily won the hearts of her new found friends.

Going back to our sumptuous dinner, Tating was the one who called me if she could meet with us. Definitely, the answer is yesssss!. I arrived past seven at La Carmela and Tating was already there. Babu came ahead of me and I was thankful he made it. Simultaneously George and L came. Over dinner, we talked about Tating’s life overseas, the typical day, and her telecom work there. We partly share the hard life here, the one being underpaid… oh my! bitter! hehehe

Over dinner we had all fun story telling how it was from the last time we get together. We had a good laugh reminiscing those Piltel days, those younger days perhaps. This is what I always look forward, and just what I needed at times I feel low.

Thank you for the relaxing dinner Tating, you got the perfect timing. Thank you to Babu and George too for giving time. I hope to see you all again soon :)

PS: Tating generously paid the entire dinner, thanks again!

And some photos I took, peek some HERE...

Tating

Babu

George

L & Tating

Another friendship that rocks!






No comments:

Post a Comment