Sunday, March 28, 2010

my say about Dong Bei Dumplings

Saturday after we got my cousin’s wedding gown at Divi, Oliver and I went ahead to Ongpin to have a very quick stomach relief. We were supposed to dine at Eng Bee Tin but later on gave Dong Bei Dumplings a try. I first learned of this hole-in-the-wall eatery from docgelo, who have strong recommendation of DBD dumplings.

Anyway, it is for me to find out yesterday.

Oliver and I were lost for a moment because we did not think that the windowpane was actually the main entrance. And it is because also at the façade, it is where the dumplings are freshly hand made.


There were about five tables that can seat four people each and a menu hung on the wall for everyone to see.

The wait staff handed us a menu and she was kind to answer all my inquiries about the food and the serving style.

She offered us the kuchay dumplings, which is not very new to me because we frequent Tasty Dumplings in Wilson St., Greenhills before (this branch was long closed). I have no doubt they have the freshest dumplings in downtown but could have improved better with extra filling.

Then we had an order of sotanghon soup with pork slices. It was okay since the noodle seems to be different from the one available at the supermarket but the soup was bland for me. I was hoping it tastes fresh broth.

Next on our set was the bean curd with pork stuffing. I enjoy this recipe; the freshness of the bean curd was there even if it was fried and sauced.

We had an order of fried rice to complete our set.

I will not be fair-minded if I would say they have the best recipes around Ongpin just because many bloggers do recommend Dong Bei Dumplings. I would just say that I am still partial to our favorite hole-in-the-wall eatery around Ongpin :)






2 comments:

  1. wow,special mention pa ko, elna.
    thanks! at least you've tried dong bei; and i appreciate your honest review. =)
    have a blessed holy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home docgelo! and thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete