Tuesday, October 6, 2009

a family's loss...


At 6:10pm today, I received the message about my Ninang Elo’s passing away. It was my mother and cousin, Irish who send the sms and they have been witnessed today to whatever pain my Ninang had.

Ninang Elo is not only my godmother but also my Tita Elo; she is my Nanay’s eldest sister. She is one of the persons close to my heart and she is my icon of strength. For all you know, my Ninang had been fighting cancer for 3 years now. She was first diagnosed with breast cancer at stage 4 in 2006 few months after our wedding. Her first surgery happened in 2007 and had her second last year. Our thought of her recovery failed after her doctor suspected metastasis. She went to few more treatment but a major surgery was no longer recommended given her weak condition last January. It was a very painful news to everyone. And it was hard for us to see her struggle for life in her hospital bed.

Two weeks ago, we went to see her and I never suspect that it was my last meeting with her. Though she was very weak, I prayed for another Christmas for her. And remember how we (my maternal family) made her holiday last December merrier. We spent most of the occasions with her to give life and happiness to the eerie atmosphere of their family house.

Starting today, we will be missing her glamour, her being strict and generous, her stories, her smile and her cooking. Together with the rest of the family, we pray for you.

Ninang Elo, you will always be remembered…


No comments:

Post a Comment