Saturday, October 3, 2009

anxiety with comfort food, and finally stillness…

Right after work last Friday night I went home straight, I asked Oliver to be home early too. I asked him to leave our car in his office too so we would not worry just in case heavy rain would pour the next day. It was the second Friday night we did not dine out and chose to stay home. Last week is because I need to catch the ending episode of “Tayong Dalawa” and the recent one is our fear of typhoon Pepeng's arrival. Earlier that day, I was hoping that the company would call off work earlier but they did not though those who will have difficulty in commuting had the option to file a half a day leave. Arriving home, I secure a decent meal for dinner and for the next day. Call me paranoid but I am worried if Pepeng would come stronger than Ondoy. I’m afraid our streets will be chest deep of floodwaters again. Even if our apartment would not soak, I hate the scenario and the aftermath of course.

Just before 9pm, Oliver arrived with a dozen pandesal from Pan de Amerikana, which I asked him to buy and cheese sticks from Pan de Manila. Our dinner was hotdogs, which I concoct with mushroom, bell pepper, soy sauce, tomato sauce and chili pepper. This is what I call my “Pepeng’s chili dogs”, a comfort food with a twist for the rainy days.

saucy and chili

After dinner my worries about Pepeng’s mighty wind would eventually kill our electric power, so, instead of going online I did iron our clothes for the incoming week and Oliver went ahead doing the laundry (don’t worry, it was the undergarments only because Laundry Queen does our laundry every week). We prayed that Pepeng would spare Metro Manila this time as we’ve been tuned to the news and updates from PAGASA. Peacefully we slept by the time PAGASA announced that Pepeng is going north.

safe and sound...

This morning we were up early and thankful to hear the news that Pepeng was already at the Batanes group of islands. Though it was still raining, I guess we have nothing much to worry. We were supposed to attend the Pet Blessing at Boni High this afternoon but eventually cancelled our plan. I can still sense the bad weather so we opted to stay home. The whole day was spent channel surfing and going online; in between, I would play with our Bea. We had my “pork tinola” for dinner, and what completed my day –this serving of ice cream!

truly simply delicious!

As of this post, Oliver is still watching Imbestigador while Bea is already fast sleeping. I am looking at tomorrow as a big day, we will be attending the Pet Blessing at MOA in the morning and hopefully dine out somewhere else.

Goodnight and have a blessed Sunday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment