Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy Saturday.

It was a busy Saturday for us yesterday.

We, Oliver and I, started the day as early as 8am. By 9pm we were already on-board the Manila Ferry from Hulo station going to Escolta. After the 45minutes sailing from Pasig River we reached our destination and walk towards Ongpin. We did not ate breakfast at home because we intent to have brunch at Estero. By 10am, a bountiful and flavorful brunch was served. The set was - Seafood Vegetable Mix, Litid in Oyster Sauce, Fried Fish Fillet and Fried Rice. All in small order only which is P80.00 each.

Our dining in Estero could not be complete without the Seafood Vegetable Mix, I so love the visibility of seafood and veggie without the usual extenders. Oliver and I consume almost everything and paid only P300.00 for the entire meal including the two small ozs of Coke.

Right after eating, we went ahead going to Juan Luna to Divi shopping. It excites me every time we had the chance to shop at real bargain price. Our first stop was Divine Mart. Divine caters mostly factory overrun with brands like Old Navy, Gap, Mossimo and RL to name a few. I had a suki at the 3rd level but they were closed yesterday, and so we went ahead to a different store. Luckily, I scored a Mossimo shirt for P85.00 only. Oliver insisted that I bought two but I decided to get a single item only.

We moved to 168 Mall for a quick shopping, I got two blouses from my frequently visited store (Apt 8 and Juana). Oliver bought two shirts from Apt 8 too. Take a peek of my two new offices blousy.

blue blouse P200.00, and dark grey at P300.00


Past 3pm we were already back at the Ferry Station (Escolta) and have to wait for the 4pm ride. I took the liberty of taking photos of our loot while we were at the waiting area. I was able to capture a good shot of the Manila Post Office too.

Post Office, standing tall


And our pasalubong from Ongpin for ourselves, I am a Chinese deli fan!

Ube Tikoy Balls and Hopia Ube from Polland; the famous Eggtarts from Lord Stow's Bakery; and Hopia Monggo & Baboy, and plain Tikoy Roll from Eng Bee Tin.

So, that end our Divi shopping plus we bought some items to be sent over at Ilocos for the rice harvest like sako, and this big, big umbrella. You thought we already called the day. Nah, not so.

After an hour, we went to BPI’s Great Brands Sale at the Megatent in Meralco Avenue. Free Entrance for BPI cardholders and VIP parking too.

who says it's still recession??? Pinoy's are so sale fanatic.

We went store by store, and I was really hoping to get a pair of jeans at Levi’s. I did! I scored for a pair of jeans for P1,400.00 only. Thank you Dad for paying it…hehehe. I was eyeing this bikini top from Speedo with this super bargain price of P600.00 but I regret for not buying it. I can only wish we could still go back later :)

my new "Patricia"


The Sale was far better than the last one we attended last April. Giordano’s sale was the biggest, and their sale price starts at P199.00 to P299.00 only. Nike had a small sale too but prices were still bit higher so Oliver did buy anything at all. After two rounds of going around, we decided to drive home. What made me happy aside from my new jeans? These rice toppings from WCT Food Corporation. We brought home 2 orders and coffee buns from Kopi Roti too.

Siomai Toppings, P55.00 per order

I felt tired arriving home and went to sleep after eating dinner. Excited for next week, I’ll see this new Sam & Bea movie with Nanay, and will drive home south by Friday.

Thank you Lord for giving me a wonderful husband. Weekend not over yet :)

4 comments:

  1. i've tried eating at ongpin estero with those same plates!

    do you know dong bei dumplings at yuchengco street (the first street to the left, at the back of binondo church)? they serve freshly cooked kuchay or chives dumplings. it's also a must-try in ongpin area.

    just like you, i also like eng bee tin hopia and lord stow's egg tarts. i usually buy those yummy egg tarts from their branch in tomas morato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heard of dong bei before but haven't dined there yet. will definitely visit one of this days to try their steam or fresh dumplings :)

    lord stow's egg tarts, super winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eng bee tin's ube hopia and tikoy rolls.. FTW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eng Bee Tin's the best! Again, thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete