Monday, January 25, 2010

healthy options

After my friend, M was diagnosed with kidney problem and other complications thereon I started to think a bit healthy. Maybe, a little afraid of being sick and hospitalized I became more conscious of what we eat.

After Sunday lunch with Nanay and Sam, I went my way to The Landmark’s Supermarket. I first checked the vegetable and fruits section.


Since I was thinking of green salad, I bought lettuce, cucumber and carrots. I have fresh fruits at home that could go well with this mixed. Then, I got two salad dressings, Mango Vinaigrette and my favorite Blue Cheese. I got tomatoes, bell pepper and cabbage too, which I will use on my soft taco recipe. I had another two plastics of Baguio beans, which I cooked together with the mixed veggies (corn, carrot and green peas) and quail eggs.

I spent two hours at the Supermarket trying to keep count some healthy options to our daily meals. What caught my attention was this stall where most items displayed were herbs and organic.

I bought energy bars, which will be good in between meals. Fruits and Nuts, and Almond and Apricot in Yoghurt. I also got an Organic Oat Slice.

It was good news for dieters and health conscious people like me…hehehe. Anyway, I will probably check some more items next week.

And my shopping bags went home with this sinful (?) hazelnut spread too. Sorry, I simply cannot resist...




No comments:

Post a Comment