Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sam's choice

I woke up Sunday with Sam hi jacking my notebook again, doing FB as early as 8am. Today is Nanay and Sam's scheduled trip back to Cavite but before that, I treat them at lunch to Sam’s preference, of course. After giving Bea her brunch and a little wash up, we head our way to Makati.

We had lunch at Sam’s favorite eatery at the bridge way of The Landmark, which is another FB --The French Baker. I realized it was a good choice since it has been a while since I last dined at this Pinoy food retailer who recently won 2009 Most Outstanding Filipino Retailer – Food Category award.

As I have been telling even before my idea of the white based pasta should always be creamy, and I am glad FB is consistent on their recipe.

Our lunch earlier,

Nanay ordered the Creamy Seafood Pasta Linguini. Linguini tossed with calamari, fish, shrimp, and mussels in a creamy white sauce, served with your choice of grilled foccacia or garlic toast. It tasted good however; it seems the counter girl did not pay attention on what we ordered. We decided for the Linguini but do you see a flat noodle here? We did not complain and let this one pass today.

Sam ordered her favorite Hickory Spareribs. Juicy pork spareribs grilled in hickory-infused barbecue sauce. She says it’s far better from Conti’s American Grilled Ribs, which I favored from her FB’s choice. Anyway, kids like her would always love that sweet thing on the dish.


I love how they plate the buttered veggie on top of the steamed rice.

I ordered for Chicken Ala King, one of my old time favorite FB entrée.

Then Sam and I shared over an order of Mango Crepe. Missing Crazy Crepe!

Overall, we all enjoyed our lunch. Right after finishing lunch, I go along with Nanay and Sam at the bus stop. Shortly I bid goodbye to both of them and head my way to The Landmark’s Supermarket.

I arrived home thankful for the weekend that passed. Thank you to Nanay and Sam.



No comments:

Post a Comment