Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fiesta

Two days after Christmas, its feast of St. John the Evangelist and it is the time of the year where we celebrate fiesta on my hometown.

I grew up having these preparations and festivity, and it’s also the time of the year where my maternal family would get-together. A mini-reunion always happens on this day – my father’s relatives from Tagaytay, some of his office friends and church mates showed up.

My mom normally does all the cooking a day before the 27th and my involvement would always be the table set-up (napakalaking involvement, di ba?). I remember we used to have this occasion big. We even have a salad bar set-up and a dessert station. As the years go by, we cut the budget to save some for the coming year, which I guess is practical.

To date, we added a native concept to our menu, which consist of pinaputok na tilapia, mango salad, steamed okra and eggplant with bagoong on the side.

Last year celebration was simple yet merry and filling to everyone. I love bonding with my maternal cousins, they are our (Oliver, Bea and L) all year round beach buddies! Note to two of my lovely cousins, Thanks Jacq for the bag of chocolates and Irish for the cream cheese :)

By the way, there was a Karakol Dance in the afternoon following the procession of the patron saint. Karakol Dance is colorful form of thanksgiving practiced in most towns of Cavite while the patron saint is paraded in the streets while devotees from all walks of life and ages dance with both their hands in the air and swing and sway to the tune of Pandango.

Until next December folks, see you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment