Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nov 1 get-together

All Saint’s Day. We do not normally go to cemetery on this date because of the volume of people who would crowd the place except for my Tatay. He would offer flowers and candles to his parents and grandparent. The rest of us stay home and wait for my visiting relatives. On this day too, my auntie’s family (father side) would have lunch at our house, so, it’s a time for us to get-together. From my auntie’s visit last Sunday, we learned about my cousin’s Dec 8 wedding. She handed us the invites and cordially invites everyone to celebrate the occasion with them. I am partly excited because it’s a wedding (and you know how I love weddings!) but was too hesitant to come too. I am not that close to those cousins that is. I never gave my word either that I am coming only a nod to say okay. They left around 4pm.

The next thing is we attended the evening mass at Poblacion and head straight to my Lola’s house in Alulod for a short visit. Arriving home Oliver and my cousin Joel had already started drinking alcohol bev, and instantly we joined them.


I could not recount when was the last time we had this session, when was the last time we get-together, yeah on my Ninang Elo’s wake but the conversation was too limited then especially the loud laughs. Sunday night was different, we laugh our heart loud, we throw the meanest and lousiest joke ever; I suddenly remember our childhood back in Limbon where we spent most of our summers. I wish we could go back for a day or two and reminisces good old days when life is trouble-free.


Anyways, I hope to see more of my cousins this coming Christmas holiday and spent more gimik moments with them. Ciao for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment